Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where'd All the Comments Go?

Last night, we upgraded our comments system to Haloscan. The system is more powerful than the vanilla Blogger system, offering new features for readers, such as Trackback. It also offers greater power for us as moderators.

Unfortunately, Haloscan does not offer the ability to import the old Blogger comments into the new system. To my knowledge, no questions were pending answers at the time I made the switch.

As reader Judy Stein points out, it would have been good etiquette to warn readers in advance and offer them an explanation of how they could cut and paste any comments they wish to respond to.

Frankly, I have a lot to learn about Blogging and didn't foresee readers concerns in this matter. My apologies to all. If anyone has a comment that they wish to rescue, drop me a line at jmknapp53.gmail.com, and I'll try to attend to this promptly.

Again, my apologies! Please bear with our growing pains.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment