Friday, June 18, 2010

Yogi Bhajan, the material for a comparison

Gina very kindly sent this link (click on the title above) around to the TM-Free editors. I am grateful to Gina for finding this (and, of course, to Rick Ross for posting it on his web site).

As Gina is swamped, I said I'd let'ch'all know about this interesting unravelling of Yogi Bhajan's 3HO legacy. I think that this article is a little more than, as the author says, to just turn the light on in the closet. For me, I found that reading this account of he did this and no, that's a lie reminded me of how I used to defend Mahesh, TM, and so forth. And, it's more than that, as well. Many memories came back. Many comparisons. Many re-evaluations of the past.

So, here it is. I hope that'ch'all read it and that it helps in parting ways from the irksome past in the brighter light of the present.

3 comments:

Sudarsha said...

http://www.rickross.com/reference/3ho/3ho104.html

this is the link in case things don't work out as planned. You may need to past it in your browser if it isn't clickable.

revoluce said...

Depressingly familiar.

Gursant said...

“Yogi’s Legacy in Question”
“Rift in 3HO Sikh community threatens business empire”

I was not surprised when I saw these articles about Yogi Bhajan and his 3HO Sikhs fighting amongst themselves. After thirty plus years, I am still a practicing Sikh but since meeting real Sikhs on a recent trip to India I am not part of Yogi’s 3HO. I met Yogi Bhajan around 1978 in Eugene while attending the Uof O and lived in the Eugene ashram for several years. I was instantly attracted to Yogi Ji’s outwardly personable and friendly nature. Yes, he made us all laugh; Yogi Ji was like some famous circus clown. He told us things we’d like to believe and at that young age we believed all of his nonsense which you might as well have taken from the X-files. While in India I discovered a rare and out of print book, “Sikhism and Tantric Yoga” which I encourage anybody who wants to know the truth about Yogi Bhajan to read. Written by a well respected Sikh Scholar and historian, this book has been a real eye opener for me in revealing the truth about Yogi Bhajan’s sacrilegious practices in the name of Sikhism. 33 years ago Dr. Trilochan Singh said, “"Yogi Bhajan is using the sacred Sikh mantras and the sacred name of Guru Ram Das as a mantle for his Tantric Sex Yoga which will inevitably lead to mental and physical debauchery of those who take his brand of Sikhism contaminated by crazy sex-energizing asanas seriously."
"Sikhism and Tantric Yoga"
by Dr. Trilochan Singh (Link to entire book)
http://www.gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?id=1


Gursant Singh

Post a Comment