Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Letter from David Kaplan

This will be old news to a number of readers of TM-Free Blog. But it may be of value to many others. The Kaplan brothers were members of an über-wealthy family. David, whose letter is below, was on Purusha for many years. Earl, whose letter proceeds this one, was the founder of a children's publishing company. Together they are said to have donated over $100 million to the Transcendental Meditation movement — only to be sued by the TM Org when they attempted to leave the movement and rescind the rights they gave the Movement to use a piece of land.

J.
May 14, 2004

To Whom It May Concern:

I wanted to write this letter to clarify my position regarding the TM movement. I am not involved in the TM movement or any of Maharishi organizations in any way and have nothing to do with his teaching.

In 1999, after getting married, I was basically kicked out of the movement. But I did nothing wrong. To the contrary, after meditating and doing the TM sidhi program many hours a day for twenty-five years and donating tens of millions of dollars, and working with Maharishi for almost ten years, in January and February of 1999, I got sick and almost died.

Once I got well, in April, 1999, by my own choice I left Purusha and had never taken any kind of vow whatsoever. In June or July 1999, I decided to get married. For that I was kicked out of the movement. Thank God I was, for it prompted Earl and me to investigate Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and the TM organization. We have spent a great deal of time, energy and money researching Maharishi and the TM organizations. Due to our findings I can no longer support or be associated with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, his ideas, his knowledge, or any of his organizations, in any way whatsoever.

I am not writing this letter to share with you what I have learned about Maharishi and the TM movement because to you it would probably be unbelievable. But I will say what I have found out is shocking and because of what I have learned I feel very sorry for you.

And I do want you to realize that I have learned that this Maharishi Vedic knowledge does not come from the long line of teachers of the holy tradition or any tradition. I know many of you are sold out and cannot believe anything or look at facts other than what fits into your belief system. I wish you the best and have great compassion for your plight because I was there too and it's not easy to get out of. I just wrote this letter to make sure you all know that I and my family have cut all ties with TM, his movement and his knowledge.

If you have any questions of me you can email me at trip4228@bellsouth.net

With all love and blessings,
David Kaplan

No comments:

Post a Comment