Monday, January 04, 2010

How Can We Improve TM-Free Blog?

Dear Readers of TM-Free Blog,

Happy New Year!

I would love your input on how we can make TM-Free even better. How can we serve our readers better? I've devised an (unscientific) survey, and I'd be grateful if you wrote your answers in the "Comments" section, below. Feel free to answer anonymously, if you'd like. Or, if you don't want your answers published at all, you can send your comments directly to John Knapp at jmknapp53@gmail.com. (If you send them to John, please type "TMFB Survey" in the "subject" line.)

Here are a few questions I've thought of. But they're just to give you a jumping off point. So answer as many or as few as you'd like. Make your answers as long or as short as you'd like. Or ignore my questions altogether, and write comments of your own.

So here goes:

1. What do you like about TM Free Blog?

2. What do you not like about TMFB?

3. Do you have any suggestions for improvements?

4. What would you like to see more of?

5. What would you like to see less of?

6. What sort of posts do you especially enjoy or find most helpful?

7. What sort of posts do you least enjoy or find least helpful?

8. Why do you read TMFB?
(a) I never did TM or its affiliated programs (TM-Sidhis program, Maharishi Ayurveda, Maharishi astrology, Maharishi supplements, Maharishi health spa, Maharishi advanced health techniques, Maharishi architecture, etc.) - but I read TMFB just because I find it interesting.
(b) I never did TM or its affiliated programs, but I'm trying to decide if I should give them a try.
(c) I'm doing TM or its programs and I'm having some questions/doubts/curiosity/second thoughts. (If so, are we addressing the questions you have?)
(d) I'm having problems with a TM program and am not feeling satisfied with the answers I am getting from the TM organization. (If so, what sort of problems?)
e) I'm considering reducing or stopping TM program(s) so I'm reading up.
f) I am concerned for a friend/relative involved in TM. (If so, what type of information would you find most helpful?)
g) I'm happily involved in TM but my friends/relatives begged me to read your website.
h) I've left TM and I need help. (If so, what kind of problems are you having - physical, emotional, spiritual, financial, intellectual, legal? etc. - and what sort of help do you need?
What sort of articles or information do you find most helpful to your recovery?)
i) I'm basically out of TM but want to tie up some some loose ends, like express my anger or have old questions answered.
j) I'm happily involved in TM, and am just reading this blog to try to understand why anyone would publish anti-TM material.
k) I was in another cult(s) and TMFB gives me insight into my own former cult and helps me recover.
l) Other (Please explain!)

9. My main questions, interests or concerns around TM have to do with: TM? TM-Sidhis program? Maharishi Ayurveda? Religious component? Maharishi? rounding? health problems from TM? faulty science? money? political power? brainwashing? other?

10. Do you enjoy:
(a) critiques on TM's advertising, press releases, websites, etc.
(b) TM "insider" emails, announcements, videos, etc.
(c) Personal stories
(d) Humor/satire, etc.
(e) Repeats of "best posts"
(f) Philosophy/religious articles
(g) Scientific articles
(h) History of TM movement
(i) Opinion pieces
(j) Book reviews
(k) Recovery information
(l) Other (Please explain!)

11) Have you used the links at the right of the TMFB home page? Do you find these links useful? What could make them more useful?

12) Are you satisfied with the layout or web programs used in TMFB? Any suggestions you would make?

13) Any thoughts on the "Comments" section?

14) Would you like to write a TMFB post as a guest contributor? If so, please contact John Knapp.

15) Is there some particular topic you would like us to cover?

16) Any other comments?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this survey, in any shape or form! I hope your answers will help us serve our readers better.

P.S. This post, like all posts, reflects the thoughts of the author. I did not consult with the other contributors when deciding to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment