(The book's English translation is in process; distribution is in place)
FREDAGEN DEN 16 APRIL 2010
– Jag talar för vännerna som inte orkade leva mer
Beatles, Hillary Clinton, Michael Jackson. They have all been drawn to charismatic gurus as Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Conny Larsson was the spiritual leader's private secretary and followed him all over the world for many years.
Would learn to fly
The breaking point came when he realized that the TM movement was based on lies.
- Maharashi said he could levitate and make himself invisible. People who wanted to be close to the champion stood and made the world believe that he spoke the truth. Pictures of the boys who flew were presented. I attended a course, for 35 000 SEK and there was certainly no one who learned to fly, "says Conny.
Everything was just cheating and Conny was completely cracked. He says he lost faith that anyone could tell the truth.
Wanted to die
He took refuge in Sri Lanka , bought some land and developed a local tourist. But when he discovered the bribery and corruption in the country, he sank into a depression. So deep that he tried to kill himself. But he was saved by a man who told him of Sai Baba. It was the beginning of 20 years in a new sect. Conny became his devoted disciple and Swedish spokesman.
- My starting point was good and I wanted to get rid of my trauma, I wanted to mean something and help others. But I was so faithful that I was totally blinded. It was a horrible discovery when I realized what I participated in, "says Conny.
He had been living in a snake pit. Sai Baba molested systematically in young boys followed him. Although Conny was exposed.
- I did not realize that we were exploited. He was the ultimate answer to the truth, he did evil to goodness. He was God, so what he did must surely be right, "says Conny.
But constant dripping wears the stone, "says Conny, one day the truth sank in and he dared to step out of the sect.
- It was a terrible struggle. I went from being the golden boy of the inner circle to the 2000s Judas. They wanted to punish me, revenge and slandered me.
- But I have been silenced once before and I will never be more quiet, I'd rather be prepared to lose everything, "he says.
And he has indeed spoken out. 2005 came the book "Behind the clown's mask - Truths, sects and sex" in which he told of his incredible journey. Now he is up to date with "The Beatles, Maharishi and I" which focuses more on others who got into trouble in the sect.
Did a father
- I had several friends who lost everything and who could not manage to live more. It is for those who lost his mind and his voice, which was removed manipulated by cult leader as I write, "he says.
The reason he got stuck in the cult life is to be found in a broken childhood, surrounded by sexual abuse.
- I searched for a father figure, someone who could protect me. I thought that the cult leaders could give me pure love, but it would appear that they were dirtier than anyone else, "says Conny.
Today you can hear him talk more about his life and his books at Ronneby City .