Other than the vague reference to the apparent worldwide resending of the AFP story, the only reference to a specific article by GGN is to the Telegraph (UK) article entitled "David Lynch and Russell Brand hawk meditation for traumatised veterans: is that really wise?" This article by the Telegraph's film columnist, which clearly emphasizes caution when dealing with those who "are pushing transcendental mediation," and ends with the suggestion, "maybe they could leave the more specific prescriptions to the medics," probably wasn't the kind of glowingly supportive press coverage Lynch and TM organization heads were hoping for.
- Media coverage of David Lynch's Operation Warrior Wellness in the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Asia (Global Good News, 19 December 2010)
- David Lynch and Russell Brand hawk meditation for traumatised veterans: is that really wise? (The Telegraph, December 15, 2010)
- Rose McGowan: "You know they’re all lying. None of these bitches meditate." (TM-Free Blog, December 16, 2010)
- Party Lines Slideshow: Rose McGowan, Russell Brand, Katy Perry, and More at the David Lynch Foundation Benefit (New York Magazine, December 15, 2010)
- Rose McGowan would 'hang' herself if she gains a pound this holiday season, calls meditators 'drunk' (Gatecrasher, New York Daily News, December 15, 2010)
According to a report in the Gainesville Sun, Florida performance artist Tom Miller was to "watch every episode of the David Lynch TV-Series 'Twin Peaks' (including the European pilot) in a 30-hour stretch" through last Friday, for the benefit of Transcendental Meditation. He planned to eat only foods popularized on the show: coffee, cherry pie and doughnuts. Miller says, “I have found no evidence that anyone in the world has publicly achieved watching every episode of ‘Twin Peaks’ (plus the movie “Twin Peaks — Fire Walk With Me”) in one continuous sitting while only consuming coffee, cherry pie and doughnuts. I will be the first.” There's no word yet on whether Miller survived the onslaught of sugar and caffeine.
- Miller performance ‘Peaks’ interest (Gainesville Sun, December 16, 2010)
Briefly: Bill Coop has identified many TM organization related locations across the planet and created a Google Earth .kml file that locates them on the map. Want to find out where all those alleged billions of dollars went? Here's your chance... One of the TM related files that appeared on Wikileaks last year has been reposted to (Yahoo group) Fairfield Life. The "Governor Recertification Course Overview of Policies and Procedures" document was purportedly written by Kingsley and Leslie Brooks... Here's installment number 534,296 of "TM will send you to hell."
From the Archives:
- Inspiration from the Emailbag, April 12, 2007
- Response to "Request for Help" by Gina, April 13, 2007
- Depersonalization and Meditation - journal article and commentary by Sue, April 13, 2007
TM-Free News Brief, 22 December 2010. Published irregularly here on Wednesdays by Mike Doughney, who's solely responsible for its content unless otherwise noted. The News Brief will be on holiday hiatus until early-to-mid January.