Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Will Hagelin have the chutzpa to tell HH the Dalai Lama what Buddhism lacks?

A friend of mine sent me this delightful news excerpt from a recent correspondence with a friend in Fairfield. I’ve preserved the spellings (at least it wasn’t Deli llama). The Peace Conference is real enough (http://newarkpeace.org/); but I seriously doubt the claim that the Dalai Lama’s secretary said anything so ridiculous. I certainly look forward to John Hagelin trying to tell HH the Dalai Lama that Buddhists don’t know anything about the development of consciousness. This should amuse HH very much. Hopefully it will lead to Hagelin getting some perspective on the real world, but on that point, I will not any time soon be restraining my respirations.

But the most inspiring news [from the Peace Conference] was from Raja Hagelin. The secretary of the Dhali Llama attended his workshop at the Newark Peace Education Summit last week and told John that the reason the Buddist are interested in science is because they have the knowledge and religion but not the techniques for development of consciousness. Raja John now has an appointment to visit the Dhali Llama.

The one-l lama,
He’s a priest.
The two-l llama,
He’s a beast.
And I will bet
A silk pajama
There isn’t any
Three-l lllama.

Ogden Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment